Service to the profession
I co-organize the Schloss Dagstuhl seminar on deduction in
2023 ("The Next Generation of Deduction Systems: from Composition to Compositionality," seminar no. 23471) and in 2021 ("Integrated Deduction," seminar no. 21371).
- Conference or Workshop Committees:
- International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning (IJCAR):
Program Committee member of IJCAR 2024,
IJCAR 2022 at FLoC 2022, IJCAR 2020,
IJCAR 2018 at FLoC 2018,
IJCAR 2016, IJCAR 2014 at
FLoC 2014 at the Vienna Summer of Logic (VSL), IJCAR 2012,
IJCAR 2010 at FLoC 2010, IJCAR 2008, IJCAR 2006 at FLoC 2006,
and IJCAR 2004; IJCAR Steering Committee member as CADE Representative (Sept. 2013 - Oct. 2016),
CADE Representative and Chair (Dec. 2009 - Dec. 2010), FTP Representative and Chair (2002-2004),
FTP Representative (2000-2002); FLoC Steering Committee member as IJCAR representative (2010);
Workshop Chair of IJCAR 2006 at FLoC 2006 and Publicity Chair of
IJCAR 2004; author of the manifesto of
IJCAR 2001 and
IJCAR merges CADE, TABLEAUX, FroCoS, and ITP, and it replaces the
Workshop on First-order Theorem Proving (FTP) that was the seed of IJCAR:
FTP Steering Committee member (1997-2003), FTP Steering Committee Chair (1999-2003);
Program Committee member of FTP 2011, FTP 2009,
FTP 2003 at the
Federated Conference on Rewriting, Deduction and Programming (RDP),
FTP 2000, FTP 1998,
and Program Co-Chair of FTP 1997.
- Conference on Automated Deduction (CADE):
Program Committee member of CADE-29 (2023), CADE-28 (2021), CADE-27 (2019), CADE-26 (2017), CADE-23 (2011), CADE-22 (2009), CADE-21 (2007), and CADE-18 at FLoC 2002;
Skolem Award Committee Chair for CADE-28 (2021);
President of the Board of Trustees of CADE Inc. (Sept. 2013 - Oct. 2016, Dec. 2009 - Dec. 2010), ex-officio Trustee as PC Chair of CADE-24 (2013) (Feb. 2012 - June 2013), elected Trustee (Aug. 2013 - Oct. 2016, Oct. 2004 - Dec. 2010), ex-officio Trustee as Secretary (Aug. 1999 - May 2004); CADE is a subcorporation of the Association for Automated Reasoning (AAR).
- Symposium on Principles and Practice of Declarative Programming (PPDP): Program Committee member of PPDP-25 (2023) and PPDP-21 (2019).
- Conference on Fundamentals of Software Engineering (FSEN):
Program Committee member of FSEN 2023
and FSEN 2013.
- Workshop on Satisfiability Modulo Theories (SMT):
Program Committee member of SMT-20 in 2022 at FLoC 2022, SMT-19 in 2021,
SMT-16 at IJCAR 2018,
and SMT-9 in 2011 at CAV-23.
- Workshop on Interpolation: From Proofs to Applications (iPRA):
Program Committee member of iPRA-4 (2022).
- Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Automated Reasoning (PDAR): Program Committee member of PDAR 2022 at IJCAR 2022 and PDAR 2021 at CADE-28.
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI):
Program Committee member of IJCAI 2021.
- Workshop on Automated Reasoning: Challenges, Applications, Directions, Exemplary Achievements (ARCADE):
Program Committee member of ARCADE 2021 at CADE-28, ARCADE 2019 at CADE-27 and ARCADE 2017 at CADE-26.
- Conference on Formal Structures for Computation and Deduction (FSCD): Program Committee member of FSCD 2020.
- Conference on Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related methods (TABLEAUX):
Program Committee member of TABLEAUX 2019 and TABLEAUX 2017.
- Conference on Types for Proofs and Programs: Program Committee member of TYPES 2018.
- Workshop on User Interfaces for Theorem Provers (UITP): Program Committee member of UITP 2018 at IJCAR 2018.
- EACSL Conference on Computer Science Logic (CSL): Program Committee member of CSL 2017 and CSL 2015.
- Workshop on Automated Formal Methods (AFM): Program Committee member of AFM 2017
at the 9th NASA Formal Methods (FM) Symposium.
- Indian Conference on Logic and its Applications (ICLA):
Program Committee member of ICLA 2017.
- ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS): Program Committee member of LICS 2016.
- Conference on Logic for Programming, Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (LPAR): Program Committee member of LPAR 2015 and LPAR 2007.
- Workshop on Automated Deduction: Decidability, Complexity, Tractability (ADDCT): Program Committee member of ADDCT at IJCAR 2014, CADE-24 (2013), CADE-22 (2009), CADE-21 (2007), and of the Workshop on Complexity, Decidability and Expressibility in Automated Reasoning (CEDAR) at IJCAR 2008.
- Workshop on Synthesis, Verification, and Analysis of Rich Models (SVARM): Program Co-Chair of SVARM 2013 at VMCAI 2013, and of SVARM 2011; Program Committee member of SVARM 2012, joint with the Workshop on Verification (VERIFY) at IJCAR 2012, and SVARM 2010 at IJCAR 2010. SVARM was a hat for meetings of the COST Action "Rich-model toolkit: an infrastructure for reliable computer systems" (IC0901).
- International Workshop on Strategies in Rewriting, Proving, and Programming (IWS):
Program Co-Chair of IWS at IJCAR 2012
and Program Committee member of IWS at IJCAR 2010;
IWS merged the Workshop on Reduction Strategies (WRS) and the
Workshop on Strategies in Automated Deduction (STRATEGIES):
Program Committee member of STRATEGIES-6 at IJCAR 2006,
Program Co-Chair of STRATEGIES-5 at IJCAR 2004, and
Program Co-Chair of STRATEGIES-4 at IJCAR 2001.
- Künstliche Intelligenz (KI): Program Committee member of
- Symposium on Parallel Symbolic Computation (PASCO): Program Committee member of PASCO 1994 and Registration Chair of the Federated ISSAC (Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation) - PASCO 1997.
- Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications (RTA): Organizing Committee member of RTA 1991.
- Membership in Professional Associations:
- Automated Reasoning around the world and more
Maria Paola Bonacina